Pretty hand as soft as feather
Tiny feet as good as smiles
Twinkling eyes with dreams so high
My heart with hopes as true as love
Desires, energies to do some good
To hold the pen to scribble the book
To know the history for a better now
To learn, to grow and develop potential
But…..
Here I face the adversity of time
The shackles of poverty
And here I am
My hand smothered with dust and ash
My feet burnt and bruised so deep
My eyes in tears, I could barely see
Dumped desires and energy no more
I hold the mop and scribble on floor
My present is smudged and future is dark
Should I learn to accept this morbid reality?
“Or is the angel coming my way, to re kindle the flames of faith and belief?”
This short poem is dedicated to child labor, something very close to my heart. It pains to see small kids going on the wrong path, encouraged to begging, petty thefts due to lack of education and right guidance. Sight of a kid washing utensils, mopping and doing all sorts of labor instead of going to school is utterly unacceptable.
I am yearning to do something, in this field if you guys have any ideas or suggestions please share.
Tiny feet as good as smiles
Twinkling eyes with dreams so high
My heart with hopes as true as love
Desires, energies to do some good
To hold the pen to scribble the book
To know the history for a better now
To learn, to grow and develop potential
But…..
Here I face the adversity of time
The shackles of poverty
And here I am
My hand smothered with dust and ash
My feet burnt and bruised so deep
My eyes in tears, I could barely see
Dumped desires and energy no more
I hold the mop and scribble on floor
My present is smudged and future is dark
Should I learn to accept this morbid reality?
“Or is the angel coming my way, to re kindle the flames of faith and belief?”
This short poem is dedicated to child labor, something very close to my heart. It pains to see small kids going on the wrong path, encouraged to begging, petty thefts due to lack of education and right guidance. Sight of a kid washing utensils, mopping and doing all sorts of labor instead of going to school is utterly unacceptable.
I am yearning to do something, in this field if you guys have any ideas or suggestions please share.
0 comments